[blindkid] O and M.

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 21 19:20:06 UTC 2009

Good afternoon everyone,

    Don't forget about contacting Louisiana Tech University. Their O7&M
program is modeled on the NFB philosophy and has turned out many O&M
instructors who teach via that method. I wrote to one list member privately
last night and described my wife's dealings with an O&M instructor with a
similar attitude towards the one that has been described in previous
messages. She all but destroyed my wife's ability to travel on her own.
Subsequent instructors made some headway towards undoing the damage this
woman did to Mary's ability to travel independently, but it took an NOMC to
complete the job. I would seek out a Louisiana Tech-trained O&M Instructor,
(NOMC), to provide future travel instruction to your daughter and let the
school know on no uncertain terms that their cutrrent O&M teacher is not to
interfere with her travel training or cane use ever again! All the best.

Peter Donahue