[blindkid] Structured Discovery

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Wed Oct 21 19:53:06 UTC 2009

The structured  discovery approach is much like the constructivists approach
to education. It is up to the student to direct instruction as we illicit
prior knowledge from life experiences, prior knowledge, whether accurate or
not, so as to understand where the child is at and where we as educators
need to take the lesson. So perhaps in order to further reach the teacher
and administration, you could ask about their position on constructivist
approaches to education and what carol so wonderfully offered are concrete
ways to approach educators on the subject of the cane in the school
environment.  I would think any educator would be hard pressed to argue such
quantifiable and qualified proven approaches such as these.

Albert J. Rizzi
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.
90 Broad Street - 18th Fl.