[blindkid] School psych & educational evaluations

holly miller hollym12 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 01:51:17 UTC 2009

Hi!
Recently Hank had his 3 year IEP re-evaluations done.
In reading the reports, I'm wondering how his vision could be affecting his
ability to understand what was being asked of him & give the proper
It seems a no brainer that there would be some impact but since I have no
idea what the testing materials look like, it's hard to understand what some
of the pitfalls would be.
At our next IEP meeting (Thursday) I'm going to ask them to explain & show
me the testing materials but I'd feel more confident if I can glean some of
this info ahead of time.

Hank is 9 and has Albinism.  His acuity is 20/200 paired with photo-phobia
and Nystagmus.  Which -for those of you who have been following our saga
know - in district & commission speak that means tossing him some hand held
magnifiers, dark pencils and slapping papers on the xyrox to enlarge them
should be all he needs.

Anyhoo
The tests in question are
Bender Gestalt