[blindkid] O&M Parent Handbook

Merry-Noel Chamberlain owinm at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 13:13:35 UTC 2010

Marie,
I loved watching the video of your son using his cane.  It is also great to have a parent using the Bamboo walking sticks to help model.  I'm a NOMCT (O&M) instructor at Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind and I am also blind.  I wrote an O&M Parent Handbook to assist the parents of the students I teach.  Attached is a copy of that handbook for you (and anyone else reading this).  Some things do not apply but you may find some things helpful within it.
Thanks again for sharing.
Merry-Noel Chamberlain