[blindkid] Toys off the shelf

Merry-Noel Chamberlain owinm at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 00:18:04 UTC 2010

Jan,

Check out http://www.tpobc.org/articles/best2.php from Texas Parents of Blind Children.

Merry-Noel Chamberlain

--- On Tue, 4/13/10, Jan Wright <jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Jan Wright <jan.wrightfamily5 at gmail.com>
Subject: [blindkid] Toys off the shelf
To: blindkid at nfbnet.org
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 8:20 PM

Hi All,
I know that there are many special catalogs where we can order toys, games and educational products for our blind children.
But, let's look at local toy stores such as KB toys or Toys-R-Us.
Are there certain "off the shelf," products that you have found to be quite helpful in the development of your child? I am not speaking of the wickysticks or blocks or bicycles and such. I am speaking more of the educational products.
Are there certain "mainstreamed" products that you have found to be quite accessible?
Thanks.
Jan

Check out my written articles and comment at:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/487125/jan_wright.html
"Bonds of the Heart should never be broken!"
"Dil kay rishton kay bandhan kabhi naheen tootnay chahiay hain!" -- Urdu translation