[blindkid] 20/20

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Apr 25 16:59:45 UTC 2010

It was not inspirational, her brother, or boy friend, I can't remember which
was involved in an armed robbery, and she was in the get-away car.  Remember
that just like sighted people, there are genuinely good people and there are
jerks and there are all soerts in between.  I'm not saying she's terrible,
but I think on the spectrum that she is further from the genuinely good
people end.  You've always got to look at the back story.  I want my kids to
find inspiration in the accademic, artistic, humanatarian and athletic
accomplishments of sighted and blind individuals, not in the story of a
woman who lives through adversity, which was in part her own fault.  I found
this story upsetting.  They let her off and didn't prosicute her for being
an accessory to armed robbery, just because she went blind.  Should we let
off murderers and rapists, etc because they got injured while trying to
commit the murder or the rape?  Sorry, but this story upset me on many
levels and I just had to say something.