[blindkid] Computer Games for Kids

ERobin8725 at aol.com ERobin8725 at aol.com
Thu Aug 19 20:22:38 UTC 2010

Amber - 7-128 Software makes accessible Windows computer games.  There  are
three memory games that would be interesting for an 8 year old - "Kim's
Game", "Snowflake", and "Orchestra".  These three are Tyler games.

There is one Pizza Game that is also suitable for an 8 year old and that is
 "What Comes Next".  In this game you are given a series of items and have
to figure out what would come next.  These are challenging, but interesting
 and encourage logical thinking..

7-128 rates all their games as to accessibility.  All BL accessible  games
self voice using the SAPI voice you have selected on your computer.

In addition for older children and adults, we have a mystery game series -
Inspector Cyndi in Newport (set in Newport RI in the gilded age).  There
are also a number of word games that are accessible.

For pre-school age and younger children, the Pizza Games are great.   They
teach letters, numbers, the concept of addition and subtraction and an
introduction to spelling and definitions of words.  They all self-voice and
have interesting sounds associated with them.

You can check out these and all our 7-128 Computer Games at _www.7128.com_
(http://www.7128.com)
While you are there, look at our list of Top 25 websites for gamers who are
 blind and you will find lots of websites that have accessible games, both
free  and for sale.

Good luck in finding something your daughter enjoys.

Eleanor Robinson
7-128 Software