[blindkid] blindkid Digest, Vol 76, Issue 18

Gibbs, Emily egibbs at brazosportisd.net
Fri Aug 20 18:56:45 UTC 2010

Richard,

Has Kendra tried a program like Talking Typer from APH?   It is a drill
program like the old Mavis Beacon typing program, but it talks.   I've
found for my students that in doing a lesson or two a day and going
through the program, they have learned to type without any problems.
I've used this program in a keyboarding class and my blind student
learned to type at the same time as her sighted peers.   When the rest
of the class moved on to learn MS word and the Office suite, she was
ready to as well.

Emily
they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
e-mail message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Brazosport ISD.