[blindkid] help for communication and more ....

Doreen Franklin doreenproverbs3 at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 10 11:24:11 UTC 2010

Thank you all for the ideas ... I am sharing with the parent trainer.

I asked for a daily activity sheet -- I had about 6 things that the teacher
just needed to check with an x that it was okay or if there was a problem, to
let me know. That was denied. I received a notice of refusal -- and that was
based on "CLASSROOM" because all other kids were not receiving it. School
district continues to lump her in as a sighted child, and continuously beats her
over the head nonverbally that she can see!!!! I had the activity sheet in pre-k
without a problem, but now I am getting "teacher doesn't have time to do this
for all 18 kids." I then say it's only for Torrie -- but no one wants to listen
to my concerns.

I just keep banging my head wondering WHY this is sooooo hard and difficult for
the district?
Doreen