[blindkid] O&M for the little ones

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 22:16:19 UTC 2010

Hi  Eliza,
  speaking to the  cane aspect, i would   go  with just using the NFb
style cane she's used to (assuming  there are no such balance or motor
issues to consider).     I like  my long white cane for the
information it gives me both tactually and audotorily, not to mention
that it is lighter than any other cane out there.
 I am not  sure of the type of tip  is an issue, as I do like medel
tips, I have yet to catch a crack in the sidewalk with it, nor have I
found the cane catching me in my  stomach.
 If  a rolling tip is an issue, I might look into an Iowa cane; I
believe that  that cane basically has a rolling type of action while
still maintaining the medel cane  tip. I hope that was  at  all
helpful.
 Best,
  Darian