[blindkid] Technology and Little Kid

Carol Castellano blindchildren at verizon.net
Thu Feb 18 15:46:13 UTC 2010

I agree that we should not toss the slate and stylus.  Serena had at
least two experiences--both in high school and in college--when her
technology broke down during class. She pulled out the slate and some
paper and was able to continue taking notes.  She also uses it to
mark print papers, such as handouts and now, her bank statements.  It
may be generational, as far as extensive use of slate and stylus
goes, but those who did grow up using them are VERY fast on them,
just as kids growing up with BrailleNotes are very fast on those.
Carol

Carol Castellano, President
973-377-0976
carol_castellano at verizon.net