[blindkid] Technology and Little Kid

DrV icdx at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 18 21:16:53 UTC 2010

Quite a few of the teachers hold the belief that the slate & stylus should
not be formally introduced and worked on until 3rd or 4th grade (& those are
the one's who are even open to teaching it). They feel it is to technically
difficult & "confusing". It seems like the new TVI graduates are likewise
being taught this. One certainly wonders how good & efficient the
"penmanship" of sighted children & adults would be if pencils, pens, crayons
and markers were not introduced until 3rd or 4th grade...