[blindkid] Technology and Little Kid

ERobin8725 at aol.com ERobin8725 at aol.com
Thu Feb 18 22:44:41 UTC 2010

There are computer games that a blind toddler can play.  7-128  Software
has a series called Pizza Games that includes three pre-school games  that are
blind accessible.

One - Here comes the Duck, has animals displaying, the name being said and
the sound the animal makes sounds with the pressing of any key.  This is to
 teach cause and effect on a computer keyboard.

The Letters Game has the child press any letter key - the letter is said,
an object that starts with that letter is shown and the sound associated
with that letter is sounded.  This helps children find letters on the
keyboard.

The Numbers Game is the same type of thing with the  numbers zero through 9.

There are the spelling game, definitions game, numbers plus and numbers
minus games that are all blind accessible and are for school-age children.

These games can be seen on our website:  _www.7128.com_
(http://www.7128.com)

Oh - and in addition, we have just released the 2010 Top 25 Website list
for gamers who are blind.  We reviewed over 100 websites and selected the
top 25 based on the criteria listed.  You can check this out to find out  what
blind and VI accessible games are available and other information about
blind gaming.

Eleanor Robinson
7-128 Software