[blindkid] Please unsubscribe me

Kim Cunningham kim at gulfimagesphoto.com
Thu Jul 1 19:58:21 UTC 2010

Heather,
I have a child who is attending one of the NFB training centers. One of the many reasons I wanted my daughter to attend the training center was to receive intensive O&M. I want her to feel free to travel anywhere, anytime she wants. Why would anyone want to take their guide dog to a facility where you would be learning cane travel? From what I understand, you can only get a guide dog AFTER you show competent cane travel skills. So, if someone wishes to attend a program at one of the centers, shouldn't you embrace all the training while there?
Just my thoughts on the subject. Have a nice summer.
Kim