[blindkid] any braille labeler to recommend?

Carly B barnesraiser at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 15:23:21 UTC 2010

I just tried an experiment... I bought clear contact paper in a roll 12
inches wide. I cut it into 8 1/2 inch lengths. That gives me very close to
an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. It goes into the Perkins just fine, and the slate and
stylus, too. It works just fine! I plan to Braille pages from early readers
and attach them to the pages, but the possibilities are endless! It cost
about $5 at Walmart for a 36 foot roll. That's a lot of sheets! When I
priced the actual adhesive sheets that they make for the Perkins it was
about $1 a sheet. This is a lot less painful, especially when I make so many
mistakes! lol!

Also, our school district provides us with a Brailler for our home use. We
have it written into our IEP. This was due to the suggestion of our
state POBC President, Carrie Gilmer. I would have never foreseen the need
when Brian was in Kindergarten, but wow, how wonderful it has been to have
it! (Thanks, Carrie!)

HTH! :) Carolynn