[blindkid] Participants wanted for brain development study

H. Field missheather at comcast.net
Fri Jul 16 00:36:30 UTC 2010

FYI:
The Saxe Laboratory at MIT is studying how the brain develops in
children who are sighted and blind. We are recruiting totally
blind children ages 4-14. During the study, children will play
games and listen to stories, while we take pictures of their
brains with MRI, which uses a magnet to record brain activity.

Children who participate will learn about neuroscience, and
receive gift certificates and other small prizes. We will
reimburse out-of-state travel expenses for children and families
to and from MIT. To be eligible, children must be totally blind
and have no neurological conditions. Contact Marina Bedny via
e-mail, mbedny at mit.edu, or phone (617) 286-2341.