[blindkid] prosthetic eye

Bo Page bo.page at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 29 15:26:48 UTC 2010

AT 5 1/2 years the issue that can come up is that her eye socket may not continue to grow correctly if there is nothing in the socket giving tension potentially causing disfigurement.  A great contact for more info is Jahrling Prosthetic in Boston and RI. http://www.jahrling.com/ I would consult with them about this.  My daughter is 18 and she's been wearing there prosthetics since birth.  I would definetely consider this a little more because of her age. A prosthetic eye will give her one less thing for people to stare at too.  This is a pic of my daughter's eye which Kurt Jahrling created.  Hope this helps.