[blindkid] Blind Camps

Jessica jess28 at samobile.net
Wed Jun 2 10:59:07 UTC 2010

Sue and All,
You've also got to remember the Blind Camps do a couple of things
differently then a regular summer camp for the sighted children would.
The Blind camps are generally set up to where the blind and visually
impaired students get intense training in the blindness specific skills
such as Braille, Adaptive Daily Living Skills, Computers, Adaptive
Physical Education, and Orientation and Mobility. Also, we did
different activities every evening.
I had the pleasure of attending a Blind Camp for the Summers of
1993-1997 or 1994 to 1997. Then going back and working for the Summer
Camp in 2001. It was the Summer Camp run by the Outreach Director at
the School for the Blind at the time.
Jessica