[blindkid] Wii Device Teaches Visually Impaired to Walk with Canes

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Jun 6 22:09:38 UTC 2010

The below moves me to wonder what is so terrible about just spending more
time using the cane rather than dreaming up all sorts of applications to
*simulate* use of a cane? Although the game may be fun, it strikes me that
nothing substitutes for the real thing, i.e., using a cane outdoors. I
suspect that, deep-down, the O&M personnel who dreamed up this nonsense are
just a wee bit suspicious about cane use and learning by trial-and-error.

Mike Freeman