[blindkid] Wii Device Teaches Visually Impaired to WalkwithCanes

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 7 19:01:47 UTC 2010

Good afternoon everyone,

    Nothing will replace the total immersion experience. Cane travel is very
hands-on. Playing video games of this kine do nothing to help the blind
child hone their cane skills and gain the confidence needed to become a good
cane traveler and to feel good about using the cane. We learned cane use
that way and appreciate the value of having done so.

Peter Donahue