[blindkid] Wii Device Teaches Visually Impaired to WalkwithCanes

Heather craney07 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jun 10 19:05:27 UTC 2010

lol  Yes, in that situation, I understand completely.  When Rochester
seriously starts to resemble Juno Alaska my stationary bike and I become
buds once again.  I think what made me go "What the huh?" was that these
kids are in Manhatan, where no matter what time of year they have a wealth
of walking opertunities aforded them every day.  I suppose if this does take
hold and is used in situations where extreme weather is a factor, that is
not a bad thing.  It just seems silly in the context of NYC.  Does that make
sense?  I'm just picturing kids in this blind center or blind school tapping
WII canes around when a few stories below them thousands of blocks of easily
navigable sidewalks and street crossings are just waiting to be discovered.
Have a great day.