[blindkid] never stands still

Carol Castellano blindchildren at verizon.net
Thu Jun 10 22:52:09 UTC 2010

Seems to me sighted kids of 4 do a lot of darting around.  Parents
always seem to be grabbing at their shirts to hold them back.  If our
kids are not darting, they still have the same need to let their
energy out so they might do that while in one place.

So...maybe you have tried these already, but
    * get a little trampoline with a handle and let her tire herself out
    * get a bouncy ball with a handle--again, let her tire herlself out
    * let her run up and down your stairs
    * go outside and teach her how to run
    * teach her how to do jumping jacks
Maybe if she has regular aerobic exercise a couple of times each day,
she'll be more able to stay still when it's called for.

Hope these help.

Carol
Carol Castellano, President
973-377-0976