[blindkid] Teen and Tween Room at National Convention

Kim Cunningham kim at gulfimagesphoto.com
Wed Jun 16 23:02:46 UTC 2010

My name is Kim Cunningham. I have the pleasure of hosting the Teen Room (ages 14-18) during the 2010 NFB National Convention in Dallas. Sally Thomas will be hosting the Tween Room (ages 11-14).

We would like to welcome all Teens and Tweens to come by the rooms and meet other kids from around the country. This will give you the opportunity to meet new friends or catch up with old friends. We will have cards, games, and snacks for you to enjoy.

We don’t know what rooms the activities will be held in yet, but you will be able to call our cell phones at the Convention to get that info   (Kim Cunningham at 713-501-9659 or Sally Thomas at 832-971-3461).

The rooms will be open during the following times:

Saturday, July 3
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Sunday, July 4
11:00 am to 12:45 pm
You are welcome to bring your lunch and eat in the room

Monday, July 5  TEEN ROOM ONLY
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
(Middle schoolers can attend the NOPBC Cool Science activity from 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm; high schoolers— after the Teen Room, be sure to join the Peer-to-Peer Technology or The Future Is Here in Science activities which run from from 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm).

Tuesday, July 6, 12:15 pm - 1:45 pm
You are welcome to bring your lunch and eat in the room

Wednesday, July 7, 12:15 pm - 1:45 pm
You are welcome to bring your lunch and eat in the room

Thursday, July 8, 12:15 pm - 1:45 pm
You are welcome to bring your lunch and eat in the room

We look forward to seeing everyone at Convention!
Kim and Sally