[blindkid] Spinning

Susan Harper sueharper at firstchurchgriswold.org
Sat Jun 19 23:21:35 UTC 2010

Hi All,
     Leaving in the RV in 8 days.  Almost there.  Ugh, moving is not a
favorite thing.  We have had a lot of discussion about spinning by toddlers
on this blog.  That isn't an issue we have had.  We have jumping and
channelling that to appropriate times and places.  My son likes to spin his
toys, a new skill.

     What I wanted to share was a great break through today.  I asked Vinnie
to show a friend of mine what happens when he pushes the button on the my
Little Pony Castle.  He sat down and began looking/exploring with his hands
using the land marks to find the button.  He did it in a very rapid fashion
until he found the button and pushed it. Three  big things happened.  He
followed my directions and used his hand efficiently to find what he wanted,
then was pleased with himself when we all complimented him on it.  He does
not perform.  If you see him do something, good for you.  Another big break
through for us!  Yahooooooooooo!

Have a great Father's Day All.  My husband got a great gift today.  We all
did!

Blessings,
Sue H.