[blindkid] One good eye

Marie empwrn at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 25 15:24:27 UTC 2010

Sorry that I am late chiming in. We are in AL. Back when we believed that Jack had 20/50 vision in his right eye, we had consult support only. Basically, at our request, they did a functional vision assessment and added a TVI to the team BUT that TVI did very little and unfortunately continued to do little after we learned that Jack's vision was worse than it is. I think this is one of those situations where the parents should ask for support but, in the meantime, read everything they can get their hands on and start doing stuff on their own.
We supposedly had the TVI support but basically did stuff ourselves.

Marie (mother of Jack born May 2005)
See glimpses of life with my determined son who is developing in his own way at his own time at http://allaccesspasstojack.blogspot.com