[blindkid] Keyboarding vs. Band

holly miller hollym12 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 19:23:04 UTC 2010

My vote would be band.  Keyboarding can easily be learned & practiced on his
own at home.  If he's really interested in band, maybe use that as a bit of
leverage?  As in, if you want to be in band, you have to be willing to
practice keyboarding on your own so you don't need to take it as a class.

My older son has Aspergers.  He's a freshman now & has been in band since
5th grade.  It has done wonderful things for his self esteem and has given
him a good peer group that has moved up to HS with him.  I shouldn't
generalize but usually band kids are a pretty good group of kids.  They've
welcomed Sean into the fold and he has true friends among that crowd.

Holly
aka Hank's mom

http://www.raceforindependence.org/goto/Hank