[blindkid] IEP

Carol Castellano blindchildren at verizon.net
Thu May 27 23:20:18 UTC 2010

Hi Julie,

Some thought on IEP goals:

If your daughter is on target developmentally, then the goals can be
the same as those for others her age, with the addition of accessible
materials and presentation of material.

If she has delays, then her goals will probably be
developmental.  Add to them a section showing materials and tools
that should be used.  Check out Making It Work: Educating the
Blind/VI Student in the Regular School--it includes many ideas and
much information on the subject.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Carol

Carol Castellano, President