[blindkid] braille music notation?

Bonnie Lucas lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Sun May 30 21:04:26 UTC 2010

This is exactly what I forgot tomention in my post of a couple of days ago.
In teaching Aubrie to read Braille music, we worked quite a lot on sight
singing. It does help that she has perfect pitch, (I do not)  but I know
that with practice, I could learn to sight sing, or at least I could have
when I was a young thing, ha. Now, when she reads music, she always sings
the notes to herself which helps in the memorization process before playing.
Had I been expected to do this when I was a girl taking piano, I am
convinced that I would not have become hopelessly bored, and thus not a very
determined piano student in spite of my wonderful teacher's best efforts.
Bonnie