[blindkid] Fwd: Pictures from Key West

Susan Harper sueharper at firstchurchgriswold.org
Thu Oct 7 12:54:40 UTC 2010

Some great pictures from our adventure.  What a learning experience for the
children.  Brandon swims under water and Vinnie has learned that he can
maneuver around the pool along the edges, even though he can't swim and he
has no fear.  Step one.  More to come!  We will be exploring Key West this
weekend.

We only had one day in the last 4 months when we put on pants and that was
in Oregon.  Yes we are wearing clothes, but just shorts and tees.  Actually
had to purchase new swim suits, as the ones we had wore out.  Everyone has
switched over to sandals rather than sneakers for comfort and they are
cooler.

Did you know there is a National Park off the Keys.  However, you can only
access it by boat, as it is an Island.  Therefore it is inaccessible and
unaffordable at over $100.00 per person for the boat ride.

Most days are good, but there are some hard days when we miss family and
friends.  Of course Mercy doesn't miss home because, "There is so much to do
and see!"  This also is good incentive to get school work done.  Right now,
she is getting her school work done in 3 and 1/2 to 4 and 1/2 days unless we
are having Asthmas issues.  Yes we do have quite a healthy curriculum with
extra reading and spelling curriculum.  They are all excellent travellers,
although travel now is only on weekends because of school.

 Key West is awesome!  Continued prayers for Lou as he searches.  We will be
starting to look for our winter home in the next couple of weeks.

Love and Blessings,
Sue and the gang