[blindkid] question on observation of child

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Mon Oct 11 02:49:24 UTC 2010

I have to say that we've found (along the lines of what Robert mentions) that even though our daughter has no light perception, we can rarely get within observation distance from her at school before she is "tipped off" no matter how sneaky we try to be, and this has been the case since she was really young (age three or so).  ["Hey Kendra, isn't that your Dad?"]

In our case, we often hear that she is at her worst when we're there too. ["I don't know, she's never done that before", etc.]

As they say, your milage may vary, but I would not assume that what you observe is truly typical behavior. If possible, do try and get some observations from others even of you go yourself too.

Good luck,

Richard