[blindkid] Please VOTE once to raise $20, 000 for research to cure LHON

lhonpoince at aol.com lhonpoince at aol.com
Fri Oct 29 04:06:07 UTC 2010

My son Jeremy suddenly went blind 2 years ago due to LHON, a rare genetic disorder.  He's been trying to raise awareness and research funding for LHON, and he just made it to the final round of a charity awards contest.  Eachcategory winner receives $10,000 for their philanthropy and he's in twocategories, so he could win $20,000 for the Doheny Eye Institute where research is underway to finda cure for LHON.  We need as many peopleas possible to vote in this final round and would greatly appreciate your support! Here’s how to help:
1.      Clickhttp://www.stayclassy.org/classy-awards/
2.      Find Most Influential CollegeStudent/Organization; vote for Jeremy Poincenot
3.      Find Most Successful Fundraiser byan Individual/Group; vote for CURE Ride for LHON Research
4.      Forward this request to all of yourfriends and colleagues
We need every single vote you can help us obtain, and eachperson only needs to vote once so it's very easy!  LHON is an orphan disease that receives minimal funding, so$20,000 for LHON research would have a huge impact on how quickly a cure couldbe found.  Please ask every personyou know to vote!  Voting ends Nov.5th.
Thank you!
Lissa