[blindkid] Changing school districts

Arielle Silverman nabs.president at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 16:56:36 UTC 2010

Hi Bonnie and all,

For whatever it's worth, I used an 18-cell Braille Lite when I was in
high school, taking AP calculus, biology, English, etc. and did fine.
I wonder if your daughter might want to play around with an 18-cell
unit for a few days so she can make an informed decision about how
critical it is to have the 32-cell display and then, if she feels it's
really crucial, you'll be able to tell the district that she tried an
18-cell and experienced problems. If, on the other hand, she can
adjust to an 18-cell without much trouble, you're off the hook.
Just a thought.
Arielle

--
Arielle Silverman
President, National Association of Blind Students
nabs.president at gmail.com
Website:
www.nabslink.org