[blindkid] Changing school districts

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Wed Sep 8 22:29:59 UTC 2010

Actually I intended to say "school system", not "school"-- I know in
our county there seem to be spare units at times which can be procured
when needed-- your TVI would probably know who to ask.

Another alternative would be to check with some local NFB folks. Maybe
call / email the NFB of GA office and ask if they know of an 18-cell
Braillenote User. I'll bet someone there would know where one might be
seen. Last thought around Atlanta-- there might be one to be tracked
down through CVI in Atlanta.

Then in Macon, Smokey Powell Assistive Technology Center might be able
to help or suggest something. Here's their web link from the GAB site:

http://www.gabmacon.org/smokey%20powell%20assistive%20technology%20center.aspx

Good luck.

> Can you check with her current school and see if there is a spare 18-
> cell unit around?
>
> Maybe even one another student is using just to let her try?
>
> On Sep 8, 2010, at 1:14 PM, Bonnie Lucas wrote:
>
>> Well, it is worth a try, though, we'll have to wait until she gets
>> there as
>> we don't have access to one at this time. I will mention this to her.
>> Thanks again.
>> Bonnie

>>> daughter. If anyone has some ideas about how to start off on the