[blindkid] Explaining blindness to a child

Mario and Dina dinamario at comcast.net
Wed Sep 15 18:08:48 UTC 2010

My 4 year old nephew is rapidly losing his vision.  The doctors cannot figure out why other than his optic nerves are atrophied and it looks as though there is nothing to be done.  We are imaging the day when his sight goes completely.  We really need to hear from parents who have gone through this and can help us figure out how to explain it to him.  This has happened very quickly and we can hardly explain it to ourselves much less a 4 year old.

Can anyone share their story with us?

Thank you!