[blindkid] NIMAC Boobks and Bookshare

Sally Thomas seacknit at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 17:32:04 UTC 2010

Has anyone gotten a textbook from Bookshare that is on the NIMAC but not on
Bookshare's site?  I just listened to the Bookshare webinar concerning the
availability of textbooks for public school students:
http://www.bookshare.org/assets/webinars/2009-11-23/lib/playback.html . It
was very interesting and helpful.  Since my son's school is using a new
literature textbook this year, I'm hoping that the school will be able to
get the textbook from Bookshare quickly.  I didn't find out about the lack
of a braille copy of the textbook until after school started.  The school
was going to let him go through the year without a textbook!

Sally Thomas