[blindkid] LOOKING FOR ADVOCATE IN OKLAHOMA MY CHILD DENIED BRAILLE

Britta ijinxu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 23 23:01:09 UTC 2010

,
  I am hoping this group can  assist me in finding an Educational Advocate my son has been denied learning Braille by his school district. The last three years he attended Oklahoma City Public Schools, during his last year he was learning Braille. This Summer we moved, so now we are in the Mustang School System which is partof the Oklahoma Metro Area. My son has Aniridia with his visual acuity being Right-20/320  and Left-20/252.  I requested papers to start an appeal yesterday. I know nothing about Oklahoma Education Laws, and have been informed the School System is getting there attorneys together.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated I need to make sure he is not dangling behind. I am concerned he will become frustrated & drop out of school one day if he does not get the proper educational help he needs.

Thank you,
Britta