[blindkid] Fun Seated quiet activities

hpscheffer at aol.com hpscheffer at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 00:18:58 UTC 2010

I know about recorders, we had every recording device there ever was for our daugther now 11. She went trough the Sony little hand held ones which now are only sold on the internet, Best Buy would not give us the extended warranty any more after the 5th one.  We had books on tape and lots of music tapes that we put on a little tape player, like when we went to a restaurant and she would put her head down on it and sit for hours just listening, and she was not particularly one to just sit.

This worked for us, hope you find something that works out.

Heidi

On Sep 23, 2010, at 9:39 AM, Marie wrote:

> Hey guys,
> Can you give some ideas of what your kids like to do/activities you plan when
you need them to sit quietly in a public place?

> Jack is developmentally between 3 and 5. His fine motor skills are not great
and he still has some textural sensitivity so he is not a fan of play-doh,
modeling clay, or the squishy styrofoam bead stuff.

at his own time at http://allaccesspasstojack.blogspot.com