[blindkid] New Perkins Brailler

Wagner, Gail Katona Y wagner_g at aps.edu
Thu Sep 30 22:01:34 UTC 2010

I agree!
Gail

-----Original Message-----
From: blindkid-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindkid-bounces at nfbnet.org]
On Behalf Of Wendy Molle
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:33 PM
To: blindkid at nfbnet.org
Subject: [blindkid] New Perkins Brailler

I have tried the new Perkins Brailler.  We have 2 or 3 in the school.  I
was initially really excited by the erase capability, but I have to
admit that I don't really like it either.  Granted I am an adult,
sighted teacher, but it just feels flimsy.  It seems harder to load the
paper correctly.  I am sometimes not sure I typed the correct letter and
I have to look back to make sure all of the dots "took."
Just me, but I'll stick with the old kind as long as I came.

Wendy Molle
Schoharie Elementary