[blindkid] Stages of cane use?

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 20:48:17 UTC 2011

Thank you everyone. I spoke with my daughter and we are going to try a few
of the idea.  Amy recommend my daughter using a NFB cane. She currently uses
the fordable cane with a marshmallow roller  tip
http://www.independentliving.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AMBC-4  I think thats a
link to the type of cane she is using now.

Its what I have seen most of the Blind children I have seen use. We live in
New Hampshire.

Abby has been getting O&M since January.  (she has only had an IEP since
December. She had 20/20 vision a year ago)

Abby is willing to get the NFB cane a try and one of her friends uses one.
 (Her friend hated using a cane till she got the NFB cane )

So THANK YOU. You have no idea how much this information means to me. This
is still new to us.

Abby and I are going to the national conference .  We bought our airline
tickets today and we are so excited.  I think its going to be great for both
of us.  I had to really work hard at getting my husband to see some value in
the trip. (thats a whole other conversation)
 <http://www.independentliving.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AMBC-4>--
--Penny
Adventures with Abby - visionfora.blogspot.com