[blindkid] St Augustine School for the Blind

Lynda Zwinger lyndaz918 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:20:10 UTC 2011

I know how you feel too!  We had an early, very disheartening, experience
with ASDB also.  In fact, we pulled our child out as well--we could NOT get
anyone to actually start teaching him Braille literacy.

Now, several years later, ASB (the Blind part of "Arizona School for the
Deaf and the Blind"--united by name, divided in all else... ) is an entirely
different place.  The new regime, headed by Samuel Ace, has made the school
the right  place for my son:  it is dedicated to high expectations in
Braille literacy and in the technologies that support Braille literacy.

Lynda Zwinger (mom to Isaac, 12 going on 35....)