[blindkid] braille caravan

H. Field missheather at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 02:09:08 UTC 2011

Hello Marie,
They are significantly larger, about two-thirds the size of the large
Lego bricks. It is fun for the children to push up the individual dots
to make each letter/sign etc. however, the blocks do not stay stuck
together as they are supposed to do. When small children try to read
across several to see what word it is the blocks invariably do not
stay together. In my opinion, they are too large to do much more than
teach dot position; little fingers have to move all over the cell to
see what the letter/sign is. I prefer Tac Tiles or, best of all, the
Brailette board - available from Independent living Aids.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Heather