[blindkid] IQ testing for blind

Penny Duffy pennyduffy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:02:36 UTC 2011

Hello Bo

I am sure someone will answer this a lot better then I will but two weeks
ago I met a young woman who is going to college next year and her mother.
Her mother recommend that I have Perkins School  (
http://www.perkins.org/community-programs/evaluations/) do my daughters IEP
testing (the testing you need every three years)  I thought it was a great
suggestion. Since so many school district aren't experts in the area its
good to get an independent option.  I know they do education testing as part
of their package (and i believe that can include an IQ test though no sure)
   I guess my concern would be that the person administering  the test would
know how to test a blind/visually impaired child/young adult.  You said you
where in Connecticut depending what part Perkins wouldn't be that far. I
know Connecticut is a big state.  Its also may  not even be a concern
and something that can be handled quite well locally.

It also may not be the best choice.  I just thought I would throw it out
there.

--
--Penny