[blindkid] Embossers

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Wed Aug 24 20:06:26 UTC 2011

The USB/serial/parallel port issue was one main reason we decided to use a cheap older PC to print from with our old Romeo, especially since we already had an old copy Duxbury that would work. Old embossers on new computers can definitely be an issue.

I'd be interested to hear what Enabling says for the refurb on this printer cost-wise. Surprising that they only charged $500 for the Juliet refurb as they told me about double that for a Romeo about a year ago. Maybe the fellow was including a "safety margin" on the cost?  It seemed really high to me at the time...