[blindkid] HOME

Donna McNew dlmcnew at wwestsky.net
Fri Dec 30 07:07:20 UTC 2011

Thanks to all of you for your kind and encouraging words while we were in China.  We are now home and those not so great behaviors are being shed faster than you can blink, steadily being replaced by great behaviors.  She is soaking up loving touches like a sponge - making up for lost time for the first 6 1/2 years of her life!  She is learning English rapidly and loves to help out around the house.  Her only "blindism" that I can ID so far is swaying/rocking her head back and forth when she is bored.  When she is tired she kind of chews on her tongue, but I wouldn't think that that would be a blindism - just a quirk like many children have to soothe themselves.  She still squeals loudly when she gets excited every now and then, but that is diminishing.  She loves rubbing her little hands across the braille when I read the girls their stories, but has no interest yet in "braille".

I am very busy with three 6 year old girls along with two late teens still at home, so I am still lurking on the board - thanks for putting up with me - I am learning a ton from you guys!

Thanks,

Donna

mcnewfamily.blogspot.com