[blindkid] high school swim team

Brandy W branlw at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 1 04:09:05 UTC 2011

I was in a lot of these kinds of things growing up. My mom let it continue
because she thought it important that people see that I did the same
activities and stayed just as busy as my peers. It is important for the
community to have blindness in a positive light. He competes and he happens
to be blind. See blind kids don't have to sit at home alone and be pitied.
I'd encourage him to talk about why he likes swim team, the feeling he gets
from it, and although he may do things a bit different he has to follow all
the same rules, and wins on all the same conditions. This is a great time
for him to teach others. Let it go on is my opinion.

Bran

“Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and
draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.”--Robert
Fulghum
Brandy Wojcik  Discovery Toys Educational Consultant and Team leader
(512) 689-5045
www.playtoachieve.com
Follow me on Face Book by searching Discovery Toys- Play to Achieve

Do you want to: *earn extra income?
*get toys for free?
*get sale updates on our award winning products that have never been
recalled?
Just ask!