[blindkid] Swimming teen and media

Trudy Pickrel tlpickrel at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 19:33:47 UTC 2011

Leslie

I totally agree with you. I have met Susan and she is one of my hero's and her son is my sons mentor.

I Agree all media is great if it is focused on the normalness of blindness.

I have been in the spot light with that since I was 12 and worked with the blind skier program until I was 25. At 12 I did a TV program on Kids world  for you old timers I'm the Pittsburg area. And not having a blind child till 20 years later,  or have the training of the NFB. But I still remember our message was not see what these blind kids can so WOW. But how they were out here on the slopes doing the same thing as other teens their age. Getting speed and having a good time with other teens their age who were their instructors

Trudy L Pickrel
President MDPOBC
          &
TLC by the Lake