[blindkid] Fw: Calculators

jadydan jadydan at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 10 02:30:32 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: jadydan
To: blindkid-request at nfbnet.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 10:39 AM
Subject: Calculators

I am new to this site and hope you will be able to give me some help with information. I have a child in 6th grade who has low vision, processing difficulty and Down Syndrome. In the past we have used large key calculators for Math. Now that she is in the higher grades we are in need of a "Scientific Calculator". I have only found a few that actually have all the keys we need that are large enough for her to see. They are rather expensive and I would prefer to buy just one that would also carry her through high school. Does anyone out there have any recommendations on calculators that do advanced functions. ( positive and negative numbers, algebra, etc.)

Thanks so Much,
Mary