[blindkid] Is BESB in CT in peril?

Carol Castellano blindchildren at verizon.net
Thu Feb 24 16:35:34 UTC 2011

Attempts at consolidation have been made in many states.  This
happens at times of tight budgets.

There is good research supporting the claim that when blindness
agencies are folded in to generic disability agencies, the blind go
to the bottom of the list and do not get the necessary services.

I would say in general, fight this!  I will include as an attachment
the report of a subcommittee on which I served several years ago
regarding the same issue in New Jersey.  This report refers to the
supporting research and will give you ways to make your arguments.

Carol

Carol Castellano
Director of Programs
973-377-0976