[blindkid] Cane and multiple special needs kids.

Trudy Pickrel tlpickrel at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 23 04:37:35 UTC 2011

Holly great advice about the heavy tip. I will be trying  that with Miracle. Her's is fling thru the air more then on the ground. Many at convention may remember the wicked cane walker was mine.
I ANSI know that we to was waiting and waiting for her O&M teacher to start using Canes. So one day we grabbed a out grown and broken tip cane of Brandons and gave it to her. I saw a instant improvement in her confidence of walking. She is 5 and still shaky at times due to her CP (cerabal Palsy) but with the cane  her walking is smoother  due to her confidence and nor so jerky with the start and stopping constantly.
Trudy L Pickrel
President MDPOBC
           &
TLC by the Lake