[blindkid] Large Print music

Doreen Frappier dcfrappier at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 19:21:41 UTC 2011

Hi Holly,
My VI twins took sax and clarinet in school. They had their music books printed in large print through American Printing House for the Blind     http://www.aph.org/
The VI teacher had the books enlarged just like any other school book. The pages are in landscape on 8.5 x 14 in paper. The books are spiral bound. One is taking guitar lessons right now, not associated with the school. I spoke with the state rehabilitation services for the blind and they had the lesson book printed free of charge. It took a little while to get this done, so I scanned the first few pages into the computer, and then enlarged the print. Then I printed that landscape style onto the paper.  Hope this helps.

The other Doreen